Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Photo Goals for 2010..

I am a photo fanatic. No question. I love photos. Its in my genes. My great grandmother had scrapbook albums from the early 1900s when it was a lot more work to take a photo and get it developed than it is today with all the digital stuff at our finger tips. I think photos are wonderful to go back and look at and they are great ways to keep history and memories alive. I know some people are not as photo crazy as me and can look at a photo once and be done with it. Not me! I like to look at them again and again and again. Its why I love digital so much because I can have a folder full of photos on my phone or ipod or laptop and look at them anytime I want!

But, with all these photos comes organization and scrapping to be done. I feel like since I started as a Creative Memories consultant a few years ago I have slacked off on my actual scrapbooking b/c I don't go to my friend's house weekly like I did before. I don't know how much longer I will be doing CM anyway but I am hoping maybe I can figure out a way to dedicate some time to actual scrapbooking in 2010 because I am WAY behind in my albums....

So I would like to try and set a few goals for myself. In no particular order because in all honesty its going to come down to time and space for when I do what!

1. Finish 2004-2005 traditional book.
2. Finish 2006 traditional book.
3. Start and finish 2007 digital book.
4. Start and finish 2008 digital book.
5. Start and finish 2009 digital book.
6. Start 2010 digital book in monthly blocks so not have a lot to finish at the end of 2010!
7. Scan in and organize ALL my old photos I can find.
8. Scan in albums of old photos I borrow from my grandfather's house.
9. See if my other grandmother has any old photos I can borrow to scan in.
10. Try and get back into my ancestry stuff by organizing photos and labeling and organizing them and scanning in what needs to be scanned.
11. This may not be photo related but I am going to try and keep my LJ up to date with info and photos too this year-total slacker in 2009-wouldn't even know what happened lol

As I think of more things I will add them for my own save keeping. I have other non-photo goals but this is more that stuff. I spent most of yesterday organizing my digi scrap stuff to a point and backing up my photos so I feel like I am starting 2010 in a good spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment