Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Frogs are such good subjects! Jan 6 2011

So now that our frogs have been re-located to a new tank (that has a light and makes it much easier to take photos) I am loving taking their picture as often as I can. I think its not as scary to them either b/c with the light the flash doesn't seem as bad.

In case you didn't know, I have two african claw frogs. Good possibility you will see many photos of them over the 365 years-although how different each picture is will depend how active they are. One likes to hide most of the time but I have just begun giving them "treats" on occassion. For the past 10 years they have pretty much been vegitarians getting feed pellets and nothing else. Since we moved, I spoke with someone at the pet store and they suggested giving them ghost shrimp as a treat. Not an every day food but a specialty. I had him show me it was something they could eat by feeding some to the frogs in the store first. He did and said mine would love them. I told him they better not die because of it or I was coming back to him. Thankfully-they didn't die and they LOVE them. They come out of hiding and are active. The last time I got some a week or so ago they mixed in a few little fish too and a couple days later the fish were gone-so apparently they like sushi too!

Here is a photo I took of Frick chilling by the filter. He always seemed to like chilling by the part that vibrats like he is getting a massage. Here he is sticking his nose out of the water while he chills!


and as a bonus since I missed a night this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment