Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Visit in the Snow

This photo was taken today when I went out to the cemetary where both my grandparents and great grandparents are buried. In this picture you can not see it easily but if you look on the far left you will see a wreath by a grave and on the far right you see one as well. The one on the left is by my great grandparents. The one on the right is my grandparents. I love how lucky we were to have them so close to each other that they fall under the shadows of the same tree.



As a bonus because I just thought they looked pretty in the snow and its not a common photo, here are some close ups of those graves. I know it may seem odd to take this kind of photo to some people but to me, its just another way of preserving history. Having found photos my grandmother took of different graves has given me information I didn't always have when doing family history research. Also, to me, its just another way to show that while they may be gone, they are not forgotten.


1 comment: