Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Salt and Pepper Shaker

So today's picture is of an old set of salt and pepper shakers my grandmother gave to me recently. When she told me she had them, I remembered them from my childhood right away and I was actually a little surprised she still had them because she is typically a women who doesn't save things she isn't using. But she told me she had them stored in the pantry and cleaned them up and filled them for me. It reminded me of how we do that to not only things but people who are important to use. Sometimes they are not "sitting on the table" but they are still in our home and our hearts through photos or mementos and reaching out to them every now and again reminds us of why we still keep them close to us in one way or another.

Life is short and sometimes the everyday bustle we forget the things that mean the most. Cherish the moments, not just the big ones like a new house or a marriage but also the small ones, like the salt and pepper shakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment